And it has!! I haven't written anything since April of Senior year...WOW. I guess I forgot about this whole thing while finishing up Senior year and getting ready for college. Should I sum up Freshman year for y'all in a nutshell? Okay sure I will :) Freshman year: I went away from my family (9 hours to be exact), I joined a sorority (can't tell y'all which one), I met some amazing people, and I made and lost friends. Basically, I had a pretty typical Freshman year, complete with all of the craziness and studying that you've seen in the movies. Now on to Sophomore year! I'm living in a sorority house with all of my sisters! So fun, but so awful all at the same time. I'm taking harder classes, so I've become pretty comfortable with the library chairs. I've, again, made and lost friends. I've come to realize I need to stand up for myself in friendships. I stood up for myself and chose not to be bullied by a girl that really isn't all that, and I am MUCH happier now. You only live once, so why waste your days with people that don't appreciate you? Duh! I miss my mom a lot more than I did last year, I think that's for a lot of different reasons. It probably has to do with me having to make new friends this year and always needing her advice. Or the fact that a lot of stuff is going on at home and with the rest of my family. OR that I live with 70+ crazy sisters, and sometimes I need my mother and best friend to keep me sane. I've been noticing my two best friends growing up, and growing apart, from me. It's not a bad thing, in fact I think it's great! We don't Skype all the time like we used to, just a few phone calls and texts weekly. And that's totally OK. They're both meeting new people and having their own college experiences. I better end this post before it gets annoyingly long (you're welcome). I pinkie promise to start blogging more!
xox Molly
No comments:
Post a Comment